This website consists of a five step naming process
- Analyze an existing name or configure parameters for creating a new name.
- Verify name(s).
- Decompose chosen name.
- Layout name.
- Make report.
1. Create new name
- Results: generate 1 – 25 unique names.
- Choose to create constructed names (not real words, but good sounding invented names) or English word names.
- For constructed names:
- Name length: set length (3 – 10) characters for names.
- Click Advanced settings for more options (see below).
- Press Create until you find interesting names. Adjust parameters to tailor customized names. Add favorite names to "My Names" by clicking the star next to the name.
- Double chars: two copies of the same character in o row at a random position in the generated name. Choose vowels (ex: Google) or consonants (ex: Twitter).
- Embed word: embed a word or word part into the generated names. Either type in your own word, choose from dropdown list or choose “Random word” which uses random words from the list.
- Set prefix|suffix: enter a name prefix, a suffix or both.
- Your chosen pattern will be highlighted in green in your names. Toggle highlighted on/off to read the names with different focus.
If you want other characters than a-z that looks like or can be interpreted as letters i.e.: 1=l, 0=o, @=a etc.
2. Verify names
The name engine looks for inappropriate words (swearwords etc.) in each name. If anything is found is displayed after the name, else a green check box is displayed. Evaluate if possible findings effect the name choice and cancel inappropriate names.
3. Decompose name
The name gets decomposed into all English words which can be found inside it, thus showing the values and signals it conveys.
4. Layout name
Create your own layout using different fonts, colors and domain extensions.
5. Make report
The result is put together in a quality report which easily can be e-mailed or saved as PDF.
Tips for naming
Learn from real name examples
to get great ideas and to avoid mistakes. Read articles etc. under the naming resources